Are you looking for the space to make YOUR passion come alive?
Are you enthusiastic about working with children and families?
Would you love a job where work can be play?
Do you want to have the flexibility to choose your own hours and do non-clinical tasks at home?
If you said yes (or better still, YES YES YES!), we’d love to have you join the team!
About The Practice
Onwards and Upwards Psychology empowers children and families to lead their lives in the direction they want to see it grow in, step by step. We see children as capable beings, who do well if they can, and support their environment so they can not just live, but thrive in daily life and school. Our aim is to support children to be confident and connected with their emotions and embrace their wholehearted, unique selves.
We pride ourselves on a collaborative approach with the families and the community and enjoy using creative, play-based approaches to achieve results. Some of the common presentations seen are children with anxiety, depression, parental separation, emotional regulation difficulties, and low self-esteem, many of which have concurrent diagnoses of Autism Spectrum Disorder, Intellectual Disability and/or ADHD. The need for a safe space, where people from all walks of life can be heard, as well as a place to celebrate neurodiversity, is growing. In order to meet this need, we’re looking for a psychologist who is warm, caring, and fun so that we can continue on our mission to make support for mental health accessible to the Inner Western community in a timely fashion.
About The Position
- Currently, 1-3 days/week with capacity to expand – enjoy flexible working hours!
- Provide evidence-based intervention combined with a warm, connected approach to help support children, adolescents and families with a range of concerns
- Provided with referrals and case load as well as administrative support
- Clinical support, mentoring and opportunities for professional development
- Competitive remuneration as a contractor with career progression pathway
- Room for clinician to pursue their career interests and truly bring their driving force to the role
- Full registration as a Psychologist with AHPRA
- Registered Medicare provider or eligible for provision of Medicare services
- Professional Indemnity Insurance
- Has an ABN
- Experience in the treatment of children, adolescents and their families with range of presentations, particularly with ASD
- Comfortable in working mostly independently and able to seek supervision when necessary
- Willing to work in a Bronfenbrenner approach, including relevant stakeholders such as parents, caregivers, schools and referrers as part of the therapy process (where consent has been provided)
- Competent report writing skills and ability to be flexible across a range of target audiences
- Motivated to help others understand and work towards achieving their goals
- Familiarity with developmental, attachment and trauma-informed frameworks
- Familiarity with client management software for record-keeping (training will be provided)
- Ability to perform out of school hours work (e.g. after 4 pm on weekdays and Saturdays)
- Experience with working with the Medicare and NDIS system
- Interest in running groups and/or is a trained facilitator
- Masters in Educational and Developmental Psychology
To indicate your interest in the position or to speak further, please email Sandhya Menon at email@example.com. We look forward to hearing from you!